147 Posts By Matthew Harvey
As more and more companies start enabling their employees to work from home, it’s important that they provide the tools that will make connecting to their work computer easy, secure, and reliable.
Since working from home often requires access to many resources that are kept on your office network, it is essential that employees are able to make a remote connection in order to ensure minimal disruption to normal work processes. Using a remote access solution such as RemotePC is the best way to be sure that employees are able to do exactly what they would be doing at work, from the comfort of their home.
RemotePC allows employees to have reliable, encrypted access from one computer to another simply by installing the software on their work computers and accessing it from whatever computer they choose. The ability to do this gives businesses flexibility when it comes to situations where workers may not be able to make it into the office, but still need to remain productive from home.
RemotePC offers multiple plans that will fit the needs of businesses of many sizes, including the Consumer/SoHo plan for access up to 10 computers, the Team Plan for 50 computers or more, and the Enterprise Plan for 100 computers or more.
The Team Plan gives administrators the ability to:
- Manage Users – Organize users into groups, view remote access/web activity logs for users, via the web console.
- Create groups of users and move them between multiple groups.
- Add any number of users by inviting them to create an account within the main account.
The Enterprise Plan gives admins ultimate control over their users, including features such as:
- Remote Deployment – Allow deployment for users and grant them permission to install RemotePC on other computers and access them remotely.
- Computer Grouping – Add computers, organize them into groups, and view the most recently accessed computers.
- User Management – Create new user accounts, organize them into groups, provide access permissions and more.
- Group Policy Management – Remotely deploy the RemotePC application on one or multiple computers via Windows Server.
Get started with RemotePC today to make sure your employees can stay productive no matter what.
As Digital Trends points out in their latest cloud storage review, backing up your files to the cloud is a great way to protect your data, but choosing the right service to fit your needs isn’t always easy.
Although IDrive doesn’t offer unlimited storage like some other services do, the competitive pricing and wealth of features helps us stand out above the rest according to the review.
Mainly, IDrive supports an unlimited number of Windows PCs, Mac OS systems, iOS and Android smart devices, tablets, and more can all be backed up into a single account, for no extra charge. Other services charge an extra fee per device, which can add up quickly.
Along with this, IDrive gives you the ability to backup entire disk images, backup your files and folders to your external drives as well as the cloud, and access your entire backup set via web browser, desktop client, or mobile device.
To round up the review, Digital Trends mentions IDrive Express, where we’ll send you a hard drive for you to upload your data onto, send it back to us, and we’ll handle the rest. This saves tons of time when dealing with larger data backups.
Thanks to Digital Trends for the review!
As IGN points out in their latest Cloud Backup Review, “Not all cloud services are created equal.” When it comes to backup, these services tend to vary pretty dramatically when it comes to pricing and functionality, and according to the review, IDrive offers the best combination of both.
IGN’s review makes sure to point out the flexibility of IDrive, allowing users to backup to the cloud, external hard drives, or network drives, as well as creating local disk image backups in case of ransomware or drive failures.
The review also points to the value of IDrive, giving users the ability to backup an unlimited number of devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, and servers. Compared to competing services who charge users per device, this gives IDrive the upper hand for users who have multiple devices to backup.
For recovery, restoring from the IDrive cloud is simple, with the Snapshots feature allowing users to restore file versions from a certain point of time. For large restores, users can have a hard drive shipped to them using the IDrive Express service, speeding up the restore process.
IDrive is the perfect solution for users who know exactly what they want out of a backup solution, giving you complete control. This means letting you choose which files you want backed up, how often you want them backed up, and gives the option of a private encryption key for ultimate security.
The final verdict according to IGN:
“IDrive is pretty amazing, and offers a ton of useful features in a well laid out package, and at a very good price.”
Thanks to IGN for the review!
As Tom’s Guide points out in their latest Cloud Backup review, if you’re not backing up your data to an external hard drive at least, you’re behind the curve, and these days that’s not even enough. Both your PC/Mac and your local backup could be wiped out in a single disaster, leaving you with no way to recover and wishing you had a copy of your data at a separate location.
To determine which is the best backup solution, Tom’s Guide took several factors into consideration including storage costs, ease of file restoration, computer-resource usage, unique features and ease of use and installation. As it turns out, IDrive Online Backup once again comes out on top when compared to other services.
What makes IDrive stand out?
- IDrive Express – free data shipment option for larger uploads/restores
- Fast upload speeds
- Backups up mobile devices
- Keeps old file versions forever
- Generous syncing option
For users that have a small amount of data to backup and do not need to pay for a large amount of space, IDrive offers a free 5GB plan, which PC World considers to be the Best Free Backup Online Backup solution on the market.
In this review, PC World points to the fact that IDrive’s Free plan retains all the features of the paid plans, giving free basic users all the tools they need to have a smooth and seamless backup and restore process.
These features include:
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP) – automatically backs up changes made to files
- Support for Windows, OS X, Android, iOS, and even various NAS boxes
- Snapshots – restore data to a specific point in time
- IDrive Express
For users that have multiple devices to backup, it’s clear from both Tom’s Guide and PC World that IDrive is a top choice for all of your backup needs.
Each year leading up to the holidays, PC Mag compiles a list of the top 100 tech products and services that have been tested in their labs. The list consists of everything from laptops, phones and tablets, to software, TVs, and cameras, and IDrive is thrilled to be included as part of this list for 2019.
With so many great products out there to choose from, what does IDrive feature that helped us make the list? According to the PC Mag review:
- Pricing plans/Unlimited device backup — unique to IDrive, none of the plan sizes limit the number of devices you can backup into a single account. Along with 2TB of space for $69.50 for an IDrive Personal Plan, this puts IDrive among the most cost-effective solution on the market
- Security and Privacy — Uses 256-bit AES to encrypt data locally, by using either a key that IDrive sets or a private key created by the user. Also supports email-based two-factor authentication for accessing its web and mobile apps
- Backing options — Continuous Data Protection, scheduling, archive cleanup, and IDrive Express combine to make sure backups are operating seamlessly and effectively
- Restoring — flexible restore tab allows for a wide range of options including Snapshots, which lets users view a historical view of their data and lets you select a point-in-time to restore
- Dashboard — offers impressive features for controlling backups for different devices remotely and setting universal preferences. You can also set preferences for scheduling and the Continuous Data Protection option for all your account devices at once.
- Mobile Applications — Powerful apps for iOS and Android, capable of performing most of the same tasks as the desktop and web clients
- Backup Speed — PC Mag tested all backup software to determine how long it takes to upload three different 1GB file sets. IDrive performed the best out of all services tested.
Being one of the only backup companies on this list, it’s pretty clear that PC Mag has plenty of reasons why they continue to recommend IDrive as their backup solution of choice, as well as one of the best overall tech products on the market.
“IDrive does just about everything you need an online backup service to do—and more. Top features include disk image backups, folder syncing, file sharing, and File Explorer integration. IDrive is also priced competitively and performed best in our speed tests. Our only real problem with IDrive is that it doesn’t offer a true, continuous backup option. For all this capability and value, IDrive is an Editors’ Choice in the online backup service category.”
Today, we have launched IDrive Cloud, an enterprise-class cloud object storage solution coming at a fraction of the cost of similar services along with free egress.
After the recent launch of IDrive Face, which enables users to build facial recognition apps, IDrive is continuing its trend of expanding into different markets with the introduction of IDrive Cloud, targeting users who have a need for massive storage scalability.
IDrive Cloud is an Amazon S3 compatible service powered by OpenStack Swift. It provides a high-performing and scalable storage infrastructure for individuals, businesses and enterprises at minimal cost. A platform-as-a-service, IDrive Cloud can be used for various purposes like securely archiving data, hosting web or mobile applications or even as a robust storage for data analytics.
Offering eleven 9s of data durability, for each object stored, three replicas exist at all times on different disks and servers to avoid data degradation. The stored data is always readily available via HTTPS and can be accessed and managed by using the Web Management Console. From this console, users can also stay updated on storage utilization, manage billing, create user accounts, and grant permissions to access IDrive Cloud storage using S3 Access Keys or OpenStack Swift API Keys.
More features of IDrive Cloud include:
- Pay-per-use pricing – pay only a fraction compared to the cost for using other OpenStack Swift or S3 compatible solutions. Simple pricing model based on storage and no egress charges (upto twice the storage volume).
- Scalability – allows for massive scalability by avoiding the sizing limitations of traditional file storage. The system can meet the increasing requirements of storage
- Periodic integrity checks – the intelligent data storage platform regularly monitors the integrity of stored objects to ensure data is intact, especially in the case of long-term storage.
- Self-healing – IDrive Cloud is self-healing, which means disk or server failures are handled seamlessly. At any point of time, if one of the 3 replicas of an object is lost or destroyed, the system automatically recreates the additional copies.
IDrive Cloud starts at $6.95 for 2TB/month, plus $0.0059 per additional GB/month, and is now offering a free 30 day trial.
If you’ve ever been in a situation where you need to receive or provide immediate assistance, whether it’s troubleshooting an IT issue, assisting in repairs, or more, you know how frustrating it can be for both sides to have to wait for a technician to be on-site in order to resume normal operations.
Customers can now share live videos of their projects with experts by using the RemotePC Vision mobile application, letting them receive instant support remotely using live video sharing with augmented reality. This helpful tool saves downtime and travel costs by allowing technicians to provide support from absolutely anywhere.
RemotePC Vision enables users to quickly initiate a call by creating a session with the customer’s name and phone number and sending a link through SMS. Upon installation of the mobile application, the customer will be able to show their requirements using real-time camera sharing on iOS and Android devices.
During live video sessions, both customers and technicians can place annotations over the video stream to communicate specific issues, classify information for training purposes, or highlight a technical requirement. Annotations can be used either by placing arrows that point to targets, or free hand drawings.
Two-way live audio transmission is also supported with RemotePC Vision, allowing users to communicate clearly within the video sharing session. These video sharing sessions can also be recorded for future reference.
Remote video assistance with audio and annotations provides a wide variety of use cases, including but not limited to:
- IT Support – Get a visual narrative of the end user requirement and provide interactive guidance.
- Training and Development – Remotely train staff on the latest industry updates and avoid expensive travel and accommodation.
- Repair and Maintenance – Assist on-site experts with repair operations using video annotation and reduce downtime.
All ARKit (for iOS) and ARCore (for Android) supported devices are compatible with RemotePC Vision. RemotePC Vision is included for free with consumer/SoHo, Team and Enterprise accounts.
As a business, losing just a small fraction of your data can be a real disaster, crippling operations and costing an arm and a leg to potentially recover it. There are ways to protect against data loss, such as backing up files to a local drive, however this still leaves you vulnerable to theft, or disasters like hurricanes, fires or earthquakes.
In order to have ultimate protection against all forms of data loss, you need to backup all of your critical data to an offsite location using one of the many cloud backup services on the market, such as IDrive. So how do you choose which service is right for you?
There’s a lot to consider, such as: how much storage space you need, how many devices you’re backing up, how many versions are saved, what type of encryption options are provided to keep your data secure, and much more.
A free backup service may be appropriate for some home users, but for protecting important organizational data, you need a more feature-packed service that is tailor-made to support the needs of small businesses.
For businesses, IDrive offers:
- Backup support for Windows Server, Microsoft SQL, Exchange, SharePoint and Oracle
- Hybrid backup support gives the ability to save files locally as well as in the cloud for faster recovery
- Data can be accessed via a web interface, synced with computers or mobiles, and there’s even a mechanism for sharing files via email, Facebook and Twitter
- IDrive Express enables quickly backing up or restoring your system via a physically shipped drive
- Create multiple accounts using your storage space and monitor backups from a single administrator console
Overall according to TechRadar, “IDrive Small Business is a versatile cloud backup service which does its best to cater for just about every possible need.”
Thanks to TechRadar for including us in the roundup!
IDrive Face offers ready-to-use APIs for quick deployment of powerful facial recognition features in applications along with unlimited storage of metadata and unlimited image analyzing. This enables businesses and developers to easily build face recognition apps and integrate face recognition into their software products.
Using complex algorithms that detect and analyze faces with high accuracy, IDrive Face uses the latest biometric technology for the fastest possible facial recognition within images, giving users the ability to include one or all of the following face recognition features in their apps:
- Face Detection – Detect, analyze, and identify one or multiple faces in images
- Face Comparison – Compare a face in an image with multiple matches and evaluate similarity
- Face Verification – Perform a one-to-one face match comparison to verify the identity of faces
- Gender and Age Detection – classify whether a face belongs to a child, adult, or senior. Or identify the perceived gender identity of a face based on features
- Emotion Recognition – Identify a range of emotions including happiness, sadness, anger, etc., based on facial expression
IDrive Face is being offered at three different plan levels:
IDrive Face ensures the security of user data with end-to-end SSL encryption for all API requests. Additionally, all API transactions require an API-Key authorization. This API- Key is user-generated using AES-256 encryption, and users can generate a new API Key any time via the IDrive Face web console.
The Business Plan costs $124.50/month + $.0001 per transaction, and includes 500 transactions per minute, unlimited storage, and a 14 day free trial.
The Developer Plan costs $49.50/month + $.0001 per transaction. This includes 75 transactions per minute, unlimited storage, and a 14 day free trial.
The Enterprise Plan gives users unlimited transactions per minute, unlimited storage, a 14 day free trial, and also offers API Integration services