Having a reliable cloud backup service is the most effective way to protect your personal or business data from disasters that could cause you to lose everything on your computer or mobile device. These disasters could happen in an instant, and as PCWorld points out, most people stand to lose a tremendous amount of data if their primary device is rendered inoperable or unrecoverable.
There are many services that offer online backup along with other helpful features, and PCWorld recently did a roundup to help users determine which solution best fits their needs. IDrive comes out on top once again, earning Editor’s Choice as the best overall online backup service.
PCWorld points out that IDrive is one of the only providers that still offers a free plan. IDrive also offers 5TB and 10TB plan sizes for personal users, as well as Enterprise and Team plans which include more business-oriented features, allowing admins to manage users and more.
Apart from the extremely competitive and affordable pricing, IDrive has many features that help to make it the perfect overall backup solution for any type of user, including:
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP) – automatically backs up changes made to files
- Support for Windows, OS X, Android, iOS, and various NAS devices
- Snapshots – restore data to a specific point in time
- IDrive Express – a two-way physical shipment service for faster backups and restores
- Sync – IDrive links all of your devices so whenever a file is updated, it is available on all linked devices
- Share files with anyone
- Ability to back up to local drives
The final verdict from PCWorld:
“IDrive has you covered six ways to Sunday when it comes to backup. Online, local, sync, snapshots, shipping hard drives to you for quicker recovery… You name it, the company does it. Not the cheapest service, but easily the most comprehensive.”