When looking for an online backup solution there are many variables to consider, as PC Mag notes. Pricing, storage space, features, and simplicity of use are all at the forefront when it comes to backup, and according to PC Mag’s 2018 online backup review, IDrive Online Backup once again comes out on top.
For the 4th year in a row, IDrive has been named PC Mag’s Editor’s Choice for Best Online Backup Service. With all the great backup companies out there, we strive to ensure that we’re giving our users the most feature-packed backup service, while keeping it at a fraction of the cost of our competitors.
So why did IDrive come out on top?
- Pricing plans/Unlimited device backup — unique to IDrive, none of the plan sizes limit the number of devices you can backup into a single account. Along with 2TB of space for $69.50 for an IDrive Personal Plan, this puts IDrive among the most cost-effective solution on the market
- Desktop Interface — clear organization of the desktop application allows for quick and simple navigation
- Backup Options — Continuous Data Protection, scheduling, archive cleanup, and IDrive Express combine to make sure backups are operating at maximum efficiency
- Sync — see file changes reflected on all computers/devices on which IDrive is installed
- Restore Tab — flexible restore tab allows for a wide range of options including Snapshots, which lets users view a historical view of their data and lets you select a point-in-time to restore
- Web Manager — according to PC Mag, “IDrive has one of the more capable web clients you’ll find among online backup providers.” The web portal allows users to backup, download, search for, and share files via Facebook, Twitter, or email, along with managing all account and subscription settings
- Mobile Clients — powerful apps for iOS and Android, capable of performing most of the same tasks as the desktop and web clients
Overall, it’s pretty clear why we retained our position as PC Mag’s best backup service:
“IDrive does just about everything you need an online backup service to do—and more. Top features include continuous backup, folder syncing, file sharing, archiving, and File Explorer integration. IDrive is also priced competitively and offers good mobile apps. For all this capability and value, IDrive is an Editors’ Choice for online backup.”