Signing up for a reliable cloud backup service like IDrive is the most effective way to protect your personal or business data from disasters that could cause you to lose everything on your computer or mobile device. Accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, and as PCWorld points out, most people stand to lose a tremendous amount of data if any of their devices are rendered inoperable and data unrecoverable.
In PCWorld’s latest annual breakdown of the best online backup services, which includes many exceptional products that all have their own unique selling points, IDrive once again was chosen as the best overall online cloud backup solution.
PCWorld points out that IDrive is one of the only providers that still offers a free plan. IDrive also offers 5TB and 10TB plan sizes for personal users, as well as Enterprise and Team plans which include more business-oriented features, allowing admins to manage users and more.
Along with competitive pricing, IDrive has many features that help to make it the perfect overall backup solution for any type of user, including:
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP) – automatically backs up changes made to files
- Support for Windows, OS X, Android, iOS, and various NAS devices
- Snapshots – restore data to a specific point in time
- IDrive Express – a two-way physical shipment service for faster backups and restores
- Sync – IDrive links all of your devices so whenever a file is updated, it is available on all linked devices
- Share files with anyone
- Ability to back up to local drives
The final verdict from PCWorld:
IDrive has you covered six ways to Sunday when it comes to backup. Online, local, sync, snapshots, shipping hard drives to you for quicker recovery… You name it, the company does it. Not the cheapest service, but easily the most comprehensive.
Keeping up with the theme of great reviews, IDrive is proud to have received an exceptional 4.5/5 star review from Tom’s Guide, who consistently include IDrive among the best cloud backup solutions.
Some key features of IDrive that made us stand out from the rest:
- Backup files from an unlimited number of computers, mobile devices, and connected hard drives or NAS drives. For businesses, IDrive can also back up SQL, SharePoint, Exchange, and Linux servers.
- IDrive makes it easy to schedule backups from your devices. You can schedule backups daily or on specific days of the week, and set starting times for your backups.
- IDrive supports file sharing through links. Each share link can be customized with an expiration date (up to 30 days), or maximum number of downloads (up to 25 times). You can also add a password to protect share links.
- IDrive Express is a service included with all IDrive plans. With IDrive Express, you can request that the company sends you a physical hard drive, transfer your data to the drive, then send it back to IDrive for faster uploads to the cloud
- Includes 2FA and end-to-end encryption to keep your files secure.
The final word from Tom’s Guide:
IDrive is one of the best cloud storage and best cloud backup services we’ve seen for individual use, with support for up to 10TB at prices that few competitors can match. You can use IDrive across all of your devices, including mobile devices and external storage drives. The platform supports simple file sharing and scheduled backups, and offers end-to-end encryption to keep all of your data secure.