When looking for an online backup solution there are many variables to consider, as PC Mag notes. Pricing, storage space, features, and simplicity of use are all at the forefront when it comes to backup, and according to PC Mag’s 2017 online backup review, IDrive Online Backup once again checks all those boxes.
We’re proud to announce that for the third year running, PC Mag has awarded IDrive with their Editor’s Choice for best online backup service. With all the great backup solutions out there and the innovative new products being introduced in the data backup space, what makes IDrive continue to stand above the rest? Let’s take a look at why PC Mag decided to stick with IDrive for 2017:
- Pricing plans/Unlimited device backup — unique to IDrive, none of the plan sizes limit the number of devices you can backup into a single account. This puts IDrive among the most cost-effective solution on the market
- Desktop Interface — clear organization of the desktop application allows for quick and simple navigation
- Backup Options — Continuous Data Protection, scheduling, archive cleanup, and IDrive Express combine to make sure backups are operating at maximum efficiency
- Sync — see file changes reflected on all computers/devices on which IDrive is installed
- Restore Tab — flexible restore tab allows for a wide range of options including Snapshots, which lets users view a historical view of their data and lets you select a point-in-time to restore
- Web Manager — according to PC Mag, “IDrive has one of the more capable web clients you’ll find among online backup providers.” The web portal allows users to backup, download, search for, and share files via Facebook, Twitter, or email, along with managing all account and subscription settings
- Mobile Clients — powerful apps for iOS and Android, capable of performing most of the same tasks as the desktop and web clients
All in all, it’s clear that PC Mag has plenty of reasons why they continue to recommend IDrive as their backup service of choice: “IDrive does just about everything you need an online backup service to do—and more. With continuous backup, folder syncing, file sharing, archiving, File Explorer integration, robust mobile apps, and an unlimited number of devices per account, it’s also priced competitively.”
Thanks to PC Mag once again for the award!