December 2, 2013
December, the month of celebrations, has just begun and the spirits of the festive mood are high. After having worked hard throughout the year, now it’s time to celebrate and relax. Obviously, you wouldn’t want to waste this season worrying about losing your digital assets to disasters.
‘Did you back it up?’ and if you haven’t done it yet, there couldn’t be a better day than today!
IDrive wishes you a happy advent! Sign up and get flat 50% discount* only on CyberMonday, that’s today. Secure your data with us, and stay at peace to enjoy the festive season at best!
* The 50% offer is applicable for the first year only.
November 25, 2013
Pictures and videos are magnificent for capturing moments in our lives, and Facebook has given us an immediate way to store and share those memories with our families and friends. Social media is a wonderful way to connect, stay in touch, and interact with others.
We don’t want to let those special moments slip away. We want to hold on to our memories forever. Now, IDrive’s Facebook Backup feature provides a way for you to do that.
Facebook lets you download pictures/videos from the site, but not the ones you are tagged in. What if your friend untags you, unfriends you, or deletes their account? You would lose any memories they had previously shared with you. But, with a few simple clicks, IDrive’s Facebook Backup will backup all of your pictures, videos, and albums as well as the pictures and videos you’re tagged in.
Once your Facebook memories are backed up to your account in our cloud, all of your pictures and videos are safe and accessible at anytime. It can be hard to keep track of everything that you upload or things that are shared with you, but Facebook Backup helps organize your data and keeps all of your important files together in your account.
What are the perks of Facebook Backup?
- All of your pictures, videos, and albums, as well as the pictures and videos you’re tagged in, are securely backed up to your IDrive account and stored in a folder listed as your Facebook username.
- Backups are incremental so after the initial backup, only newly added photos/videos will be backed up to your account to prevent duplication and save time.
- Since your data is backed up to the cloud, you can access it anytime, anywhere.
- Memories stored in your IDrive account are organized and can be browsed through easily with our Gallery View.
- Data is encrypted to ensure complete protection and users are given the option for a private key which NSA-proofs the data backed up to your IDrive account.
Don’t let a single memory slip away; let Facebook Backup protect you today.
*Facebook Backup is a free feature for all IDrive users and is currently available from any web browser and for iOS. The Android version is coming soon!
We heard you and took your requests to heart. We value our users’ opinions and so we decided the IDrive Express needed a boost. IDrive is now offering an extension to our IDrive Express service, which offers data backup / restore via physical drive to avoid bandwidth usage in order to get the job done faster.
The Express 48 was created to backup / restore data even faster than IDrive Express! How fast? Within 48 hours or less fast! (Hence the name…)
The service is especially beneficial for small businesses that rely on data to maintain productivity and wish to avoid any downtime that may result in fiscal loss. The purpose of the Express 48 is to get large amounts of data (up to 1 TB) back to our users as quickly as possible. We understand the immediacy of continuing business and recovering lost data in the event of a data disaster.
We know how quick and valuable the Express 48 is for prompt data backup / retrieval, but don’t take our word for it… Let the statistics speak for themselves:
The Express 48 was put to the test. Using the speedtest figures of 15.88 Mbps down and 0.98 Mbps up, it would take 147 hours to download a 1TB backup from the internet and 2,377 hours to upload one. Imagine your business encounters a data malfunction, would you rather wait 147 hours to download a backup of your data via the internet? Or would you prefer to receive your data on a physical drive in 48 hours or less?
We’re pretty sure we know your answer.
Express 48 service costs $99.50 and securely transports data right to your door. Could it get any better?
Jump aboard and order the Express freight;
we won’t make you wait (longer than 48 hours)!
October 29, 2013
Boo! It’s time for crazy costumes and scary stories…
At IDrive, before we do our Trick-or-Treating, we like to get everyone in the Halloween spirit by sharing some ghastly stories of frightening freak accidents and wretched data loss… the type of horrific tales that cause nightmares and spook people with unprotected data…
We heard a really good one from Michael, an IT provider, regarding one fated customer: Bob.
Bob was an average guy working as a freelance designer. He used AutoCAD for all his work-related projects. He stored all of his live files on an external hard drive on his desk.
Oooooo, are you scared yet? No? Okay… just wait…
Late one night, as Bob struggled to meet a deadline, he decided to make himself some coffee… BUT, as he stood up, Bob knocked the external hard drive off the desk! *GASP*
Bob lurched forward, attempting to catch it, but instead, he knocked over a glass of water as well. The drive tragically crashed to the floor… and the water spilled all over the drive. Bob quickly scrambled to retrieve it, dry it off, and plug it back in. Cursing his clumsiness while praying to the computer gods that his data was unharmed. The wind howled outside Bob’s window as he sat nervously at his desk, waiting… but only a fatal message appeared: XP desktop unable to recognize external drive. *SHRIEK!*
Bob sank to his knees in despair, knowing he was not prepared for this disaster. He did not have a proper backup of his data and he began to panic. His black cat, Fifi, ran past him, unwilling to comfort someone who would make such a silly mistake.
There was no way Bob could finish his project on time after this severe setback. And then, as if things couldn’t get worse, zombies attacked his town, turning Bob, his entire family, and Fifi into the walking dead.
The moral of this horror story? Well, if you didn’t figure it out already… Backup your data! It saves time, money, and prevents inconceivable frustration. A secure disaster recovery plan is vital; you never know when a flood, hurricane, or swarm of zombies will strike.
FYI: Unprotected data is a huge target for zombies. So, backup your data, it could save your (digital) life.
The rumor on campus is true, IDrive is now offering 50% off on all accounts (personal AND business level) to students, faculty, and schools/colleges/universities! You just need to sign up with a valid education domain based email address. Plus, the discount applies for the life of the account! That could be FOREVER, if you choose!
IDrive recently added business level accounts to its long standing discount aimed at students. Now benefiting educational institutions as well, IDrive works on all servers and operating systems (including Linux) and has cross-platform capabilities making data accessible on PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.
So, how else can IDrive help your educational organization?
1) With our business level accounts, any school, university, or educational institute can create a main account and add multiple sub-accounts that link to a single plan for simplified management. This type of cloud-based backup allows for remote management, allowing the main account to control the quota allocated to each sub-account, giving more space to departments that have more data. The main account can also monitor sub-account backups and view activity logs to ensure that backups are running efficiently. The sub-account feature works great for departments, like admissions and financial aid, that have a high volume of data to manage.
2) Our cloud-based data protection strategy also provides anywhere access, as long as there is internet connectivity, giving faculty and staff the ability to access the data in their accounts from a computer or mobile device outside the organization’s network. This would let a professor access files and notes from a personal laptop or iPad during a lecture. Sharing features also make it possible for teachers to send a file or folder directly to students via email for quick transfer of class notes or homework assignments, reducing the need for printing paper handouts.
Teachers and professors need to protect data too. If your school doesn’t yet offer a business level plan with sub-accounts, sign up for a personal account and you’ll still get 50% off with your school-based email address. What if an entire semester’s worth of lesson plans was lost? Imagine the time wasted, money spent, and frustration that would be avoided if you had a backup of all those critical files… waiting for you up in the IDrive cloud, ready to assist you in educating our future…
Which brings us to our Students! How can IDrive help you?
1) You don’t have time for term papers that accidentally get deleted or presentations that won’t open because of incompatible platforms. The excuse “my hard drive failed” and “my computer has a virus” are not going to cut it when you have an important project due. You need backups because accidents happen. You might leave your laptop at the library or your roommate could spill a beverage on your computer that has the thesis paper saved on it, which you have been working on for an entire semester… Things like this DO happen. But, if your data is backed up with IDrive, you can easily recover any of those files from your online account. You can restore them to a new computer or just go to the library, download the file you need from your account, print it, and turn it in ON TIME.
2) An online based backup is critical because it provides anywhere access. When your data is in the cloud, not only is it safe, it’s also available wherever there’s internet connectivity (no matter if it’s a PC, Mac, or a mobile device). Mobile access allows you to pull up class notes backed up to your account on your phone for some last minute studying as you walk to a final exam. You can even share files in your account with classmates to make collaboration on group projects easier.
We recognize how hard students work as well as the difficulty of paying for an education. We want to enhance the academic journey as well as reward the amazing faculty and staff that contribute to students’ scholastic careers. You guys worry about all that fun studying stuff and let us worry about making sure your files are safe. So, check out this great deal and then use that extra money you save on next semester’s textbooks. Or buy some new shoes. You have to have a little fun, too, on those short, but much-needed study breaks.
September 17, 2013
What if you found out someone was snooping on you? Or that someone had gained access to your private information and critical files by stealing your password or hacking into your data?
It’s a scary thought, but it happens.
Privacy and security are major concerns in our society today, especially when it comes to the internet, online data, and information shared over the web. How do you know that a service is secure? Can you be absolutely sure your credit card number won’t end up in the hands of someone untrustworthy when you make a purchase online?
Earlier this year, widespread panic concerning internet security spread rapidly when knowledge of the NSA’s electronic data surveillance program (PRISM) reached the public. Perhaps you were even one of the many data-based service users who suddenly became overtly suspicious of all the programs and apps you utilize on a daily basis that might be subject to government spying.
Now that government surveillance is common knowledge, consumers are proceeding with heightened awareness and many still feel wary using services that deal with sensitive data. IDrive has always prided itself on being an extremely secure online backup provider and, in the midst of the PRISM scare, we found we were actually a step ahead with our NSA-proof security options.
IDrive uses 256-bit AES encryption to store data and always offers users the option for private key encryption. This means, during account signup, the user can create their own password to protect their data throughout the encryption process. The password is not stored anywhere on our servers (as with default encryption codes) and no one else has access to this private key encryption password, not even IDrive employees.
IDrive provides the option for private key encryption on all of its apps as well, including mobile clients (Android, iOS, Windows), desktop operating systems (Mac, Windows) and the web application. This allows for NSA-proof storage and backup across all platforms. So, even if the government demands that data be handed over, anything stored with private key encryption will be inaccessible.
IDrive is proud to offer NSA-proof online backup and data protection across all platforms along with anywhere access because we know how important security is to our users. Having your online privacy invaded is much more serious than, say, someone breaking into your diary… Plus, your diary is old news. Everyone already knows about your obsession with Johnny Depp.
FREE trips? That’s absolutely right!
But, don’t start packing your bags. You don’t have to go anywhere. It’s your data that’s doing the traveling.
We introduced the IDrive Express service to our Pro Personal users, knowing that it would greatly ease the process of transferring large amounts of data. To our delight, the response has been phenomenal. IDrive users are hopping on board at every IDrive Express stop to enjoy fast, secure, and stress-free data upload and recovery.
To show our appreciation for your dedication, IDrive is now offering the IDrive Express service (data backup or recovery) for FREE!
Previously, just a free perk for business accounts, IDrive Express is now available (free of charge once every year) for Pro Personal users as well. Pro Business users enjoy up to 3 FREE services per year. Subsequent service requests beyond the account allotment will be subject to a fee of $59.95.
This service includes free return shipping and is only available in the USA.
What are you waiting for? Book your FREE trip, now! Ensure that your data travels happily and arrives safely via the IDrive Express.