Each year leading up to the holidays, PC Mag compiles a list of the top 100 tech products and services that have been tested in their labs. The list consists of everything from laptops, phones and tablets, to software, TVs, and cameras, and IDrive is thrilled to be included as part of this list for 2019.
With so many great products out there to choose from, what does IDrive feature that helped us make the list? According to the PC Mag review:
- Pricing plans/Unlimited device backup — unique to IDrive, none of the plan sizes limit the number of devices you can backup into a single account. Along with 2TB of space for $69.50 for an IDrive Personal Plan, this puts IDrive among the most cost-effective solution on the market
- Security and Privacy — Uses 256-bit AES to encrypt data locally, by using either a key that IDrive sets or a private key created by the user. Also supports email-based two-factor authentication for accessing its web and mobile apps
- Backing options — Continuous Data Protection, scheduling, archive cleanup, and IDrive Express combine to make sure backups are operating seamlessly and effectively
- Restoring — flexible restore tab allows for a wide range of options including Snapshots, which lets users view a historical view of their data and lets you select a point-in-time to restore
- Dashboard — offers impressive features for controlling backups for different devices remotely and setting universal preferences. You can also set preferences for scheduling and the Continuous Data Protection option for all your account devices at once.
- Mobile Applications — Powerful apps for iOS and Android, capable of performing most of the same tasks as the desktop and web clients
- Backup Speed — PC Mag tested all backup software to determine how long it takes to upload three different 1GB file sets. IDrive performed the best out of all services tested.
Being one of the only backup companies on this list, it’s pretty clear that PC Mag has plenty of reasons why they continue to recommend IDrive as their backup solution of choice, as well as one of the best overall tech products on the market.
“IDrive does just about everything you need an online backup service to do—and more. Top features include disk image backups, folder syncing, file sharing, and File Explorer integration. IDrive is also priced competitively and performed best in our speed tests. Our only real problem with IDrive is that it doesn’t offer a true, continuous backup option. For all this capability and value, IDrive is an Editors’ Choice in the online backup service category.”