As a business, losing just a small fraction of your data can be a real disaster, crippling operations and costing an arm and a leg to potentially recover it. There are ways to protect against data loss, such as backing up files to a local drive, however this still leaves you vulnerable to theft, or disasters like hurricanes, fires or earthquakes.
In order to have ultimate protection against all forms of data loss, you need to backup all of your critical data to an offsite location using one of the many cloud backup services on the market, such as IDrive. So how do you choose which service is right for you?
There’s a lot to consider, such as: how much storage space you need, how many devices you’re backing up, how many versions are saved, what type of encryption options are provided to keep your data secure, and much more.
A free backup service may be appropriate for some home users, but for protecting important organizational data, you need a more feature-packed service that is tailor-made to support the needs of small businesses.
For businesses, IDrive offers:
- Backup support for Windows Server, Microsoft SQL, Exchange, SharePoint and Oracle
- Hybrid backup support gives the ability to save files locally as well as in the cloud for faster recovery
- Data can be accessed via a web interface, synced with computers or mobiles, and there’s even a mechanism for sharing files via email, Facebook and Twitter
- IDrive Express enables quickly backing up or restoring your system via a physically shipped drive
- Create multiple accounts using your storage space and monitor backups from a single administrator console
Overall according to TechRadar, “IDrive Small Business is a versatile cloud backup service which does its best to cater for just about every possible need.”
Thanks to TechRadar for including us in the roundup!