Each year, PC Magazine does a roundup of the top backup solutions on the market. With so many great services to choose from for 2019, it’s important to consider many different variables when selecting the right backup solution for you, including pricing, advanced backup features, performance, and ease of use.
Let’s take a look at some reasons why PC Mag continues to choose IDrive:
- Pricing plans/Unlimited device backup — unique to IDrive, none of the plan sizes limit the number of devices you can backup into a single account. Along with 2TB of space for $69.50 for an IDrive Personal Plan, this puts IDrive among the most cost-effective solution on the market
- Security and Privacy — Uses 256-bit AES to encrypt data locally, by using either a key that IDrive sets or a private key created by the user. Also supports email-based two-factor authentication for accessing its web and mobile apps
- Backing options — Continuous Data Protection, scheduling, archive cleanup, and IDrive Express combine to make sure backups are operating seamlessly and effectively
- Restoring — flexible restore tab allows for a wide range of options including Snapshots, which lets users view a historical view of their data and lets you select a point-in-time to restore
- Dashboard — offers impressive features for controlling backups for different devices remotely and setting universal preferences. You can also set preferences for scheduling and the Continuous Data Protection option for all your account devices at once.
- Mobile Applications — Powerful apps for iOS and Android, capable of performing most of the same tasks as the desktop and web clients
- Backup Speed — PC Mag tested all backup software to determine how long it takes to upload three different 1GB file sets. IDrive performed the best out of all services tested.
The final verdict from PC Mag:
“IDrive does just about everything you need an online backup service to do—and more. Top features include disk image backups, folder syncing, file sharing, and File Explorer integration. IDrive is also priced competitively and performed best in our speed tests. Our only real problem with IDrive is that it doesn’t offer a true, continuous backup option. For all this capability and value, IDrive is an Editors’ Choice in the online backup service category.”