Every year on March 31st we celebrate World Backup Day as a reminder that you need to backup your critical data and files in order to avoid losing your data and looking like a fool on April Fool’s Day.
Here at IDrive we feel like every day should be World Backup Day, but unfortunately that’s just not the case. In fact, according to the World Backup Day website, 30% of people have never backed up any of their devices. This is a classic example of people not wanting to deal with a problem until it directly affects them, which in this case would be too late.
No matter how safe you think your data is or how cautious you are with your devices, the fact is that accidents happen, and the consequences could be devastating if you don’t have a reliable way to recover. Hard drives crash, phones get lost or stolen, and people make mistakes, so it’s always a good idea to be prepared with regular backups.
There are many ways to backup your data including external drives or tapes, but nothing compares to an affordable, reliable, secure, and convenient cloud backup solution like IDrive Online Backup. Here’s a few reasons why:
- Backup an unlimited number of devices into a single account for one low fee
- Free IDrive Express service to seed your initial backup
- Snapshots to restore data from a point-in-time to easily recover from a ransomware attack
- Includes Sync and Share functionality in addition to backup
- Robust security, with encryption on transfer and storage and the option of a private key
- Supports backup of mapped/USB/external hard drives
- 24/7 support through phone, live chat, or email
Don’t wait till disaster strikes to realize you need to backup your data. Sign up for IDrive today to get started.